Welcome back! Sometimes I go into the popular app, TikTok. TikTok is such a big platform and I personally go into that app to watch Mikayla. She’s a makeup artist, she uploads videos like her trying new makeup, skincare products and records lifestyle videos. I know my TikTok feed was full of the Super Bowl going on in Arizona and Mikayla actually goes into getting ready for Rihanna's Fenty dinner and events since Rihanna would be singing in the halftime show, she invited influencers to. Mikayla happened to be one of the influencers invited to the Super Bowl from Rihanna.


I AM GOING TO THE RIHANNA CONCERT WITH @fentybeauty 😭😭😭 I CANNOT CO... | TikTok 

I AM GOING TO THE RIHANNA CONCERT WITH @fentybeauty 😭😭😭 I CANNOT CO... | TikTok


I live in Arizona and so seeing her come to Arizona for the big game made me excited even if I sadly would not be meeting her. It’s crazy to me how someone who got big on an app like TikTok that only allowed 1 minute videos to now 3 minutes, that short time led to someone's greatest success. That isn’t talked about enough. I was in a lesson where the professor showed us a video of a speaker talking about how celebrities or just influencers on YouTube or TikTok get so big compared to someone else who might be doing the same thing and is just as good, why is it that someone who has the same talent doesn’t blow up like them? 


Scientific research says that there are two mindsets, a growth and a fixed mindset. People who have a growth mindset think that with practice and patience, intelligence, creativity, as well as things like love and friendship, can be grown and nourished. Failure is less likely to demotivate them because they view obstacles as teaching opportunities. They are able to feel content and happy as a result. But, a fixed mindset would be the complete opposite. People with fixed mindsets shy away from challenges, give up when roadblocks appear, ignore criticism, and view other people's success as a threat. You might be less prone to errors if you think your qualities are essentially unalterable or "fixed," as failures would be seen as inevitable and having an adverse effect on your ability to succeed in the future. Both of these mindsets do not deprive you of succeeding but a person with a growth mindset does not stop learning from their mistakes and thriving to accomplish their goals. So many of these celebrities we see and influencers on social media have the mindset to keep going and to reach their goals. What mindset do you think you have?

Comments